Wednesday, October 30, 2013

The Heavens Opened



Today was not the best day, and I could easily focus on the hardships that were placed before us but what good would that do!  Instead I will share about the best moment of the day, the moment that God cleared the fog and let Ryan come home.

This morning I woke up early knowing that we had to go pick Ryan up at the airport because our other car was in the shop.  I received a text telling me to wait at home until he told me to come because they expected fog at the airport.  I looked out the window and laughed, we were completely in a cloud so I had no doubt fog was a problem.  Ella Mae and I took our time getting up because I had resigned myself to the fact that Ryan was not coming home any time soon.

Ryan sent a text letting me know that they were holding in Rapid airspace but it was very unlikely that he would be coming home.  It looked like they would divert to Casper to refuel and try again later.  Then an idea crossed my mind.  I always pray about the big stuff, but honestly I don't make it a practice to pray over all of the little stuff.  I did however really want to see Ryan today so I grabbed Ella Mae and said "lets pray for the fog to lift so daddy can come home" and that is exactly what we did.

I then proceeded to get us both somewhat ready in case God decided to part the clouds and bring him home and about 10 minutes later I received the text that he was coming home.  While we were driving to get him I called him and asked if the sky just opened up for them on the flight home and he said that they were just at the point of giving up and heading to Casper when they got the call that they were cleared to land.  The whole city was still covered in fog but the airport was much clearer.
God had answered and it was awesome!

Looking on the rest of the day I now see why God brought him home.  It was a rough day with some bad news but as a family we were able to navigate the issues and on top of that God provided help for the new problems.  I am so thankful that big or small God has us in His hands and that one way or another it all seems to fall into place!

No comments: