Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.
Romans 5:5
Today i can not help but just be thankful to God for all that he has given me and Ryan. I may be exhausted but i wouldn't change one second of my life. I used to care so deeply about what others thought. I used to not only get caught up in the drama of life but thrived on it. I guess i didn't really get what life was all about until i held its every meaning in my own two hands and kissed her sweet face. Ella Mae has showed me what is really important, what really matters, what makes getting up in the morning worth doing. It certainly isn't to be popular, or to have nice things or all the money in the world. It is about family and close friends we call family. All the rest is either a bonus or excess baggage and i am pleased to say that i have left the excess baggage at the door.
My husband and my daughter are my world and at the center of that world is Jesus! He gave us something that in my wildest dreams i never really believed would come to pass. That was only because i lost sight of what was important so long ago. I will not let that happen again. God brought me out of a destructive life and carried me into his will. All i had to do was surrender, and i now wonder what took me so long.
I have no idea what tomorrow will bring. I don't know if we will have a job next month, or if we will be living in India for years to come. I don't know what is in store for us, but for the first time in my life i am not worried, i am not afraid. God has provided everything we needed up until this point and life is much easier when i give away my perceived power. My life from now until my dying day will be all about the little tiny miracle sleeping in the next room and my amazing husband who is flying over India somewhere at this moment. With God at the center of it all, any storm can be weathered, and trial conquered.
Thank you God, for second chances at life, love and family!
2 comments:
Love you guys....love your blog. You are a fantastic mom and an inspiration to me. Hugs to you. Can't wait to see you and meet EMGP!
I LOVED it and every time I pull it up I find something NEW!My OLD Lap top is not the best so I blame it all on the computer! Love YOUR GANDDAD (The OLD JAYHAWK)
Post a Comment