Monday, February 1, 2010

I only have HOW many weeks left!!!!!!


I was just sitting here taking a small break from my daily routine when it hit me....I am 30 weeks, i only have 10 weeks left! That realization although exciting is also scary! I haven't spent much time thinking about labor and all of the physical things coming that are required to bring our baby fully into this world. I am starting to get scared and doubt my strength, but it is to late to lose my nerve now! LOL

The news back on the GD was a relief. Although i failed my OGTT my fasting numbers and my post meal numbers are completely normal and so my Dr only wants me checking my BS every 10 days. She advises that i stick to the diet plan but agreed that i do not have GD, possibly only borderline if even that.

These Braxton Hicks contractions are very interesting to me. They cause no pain whatsoever but are impossible to miss as my entire abdomen goes rock hard for about 30 seconds or so before relaxing again. I have been having them frequently, but my Dr checked my cervix and i am still 0% effaced with no dilation so that is great news. We go in for our 3D ultrasound on the 10th and i am so excited to get my first glimpse of our sweet angels face! I am growing more and more curious as each day passes what our miracle baby will look like. We know nothing of our egg donor other than that she is an Indian and so we don't know if our baby will be dark skinned, pale skinned, will it look like its biological mother or like its Daddy. All of these things are exciting and scary. Like any anxious parents await to meet their baby with all of these exciting things on the horizon it is even a bit more exciting since we do not know what the donor looked like. I keep dreaming of a beautiful fair skinned Indian girl, my Ella Mae. She has some of her daddy's characteristics but carries the exotic beauty of an Indian woman...The suspense is killing me!!!!!

The baby has found a new spot to lounge and i am not to thrilled about it. It likes to lodge up under my rib cage on the right side which feels like someone is trying to pull my ribs out from the inside. I have tried all of the tricks that are suggested, move around, stretch, lay down , get down on all fours, put light pressure in the area, but this baby is not moving until it wants to!!!!! It already acts like a girl, so i will not be surprised if that is what it is!!!! Also with my last weekly injection Ryan caught one of my cysts from my hundreds of already endured shots. Lets just say i now how a lump the size of a large grape that is so painful to the touch that i have started icing it. These shots suck and i still have 6 weeks left of them and now my left side is off limits until this cyst heals which could take months!

Awe the joys of pregnancy....But honestly i cant imagine my life without ever having experienced this amazing gift from God!

2 comments:

Sarah King said...

You keep dreaming of a girl, huh? :) Love you dear! Can't wait to see the beautiful face of your little one.

av8r's wife said...

You and i both know it is going to be a girl...I just have this feeling!!!! I will be shocked if it is a boy :) Dont forget, if you need to make room in your house take baby stuff to Kris at work and she can get it off your hands :)