Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Around the world and yet....





Yes, it is true that this year has been a year of adventure and travel for us. I am so busy that i haven't even blogged about 2 of our trips, one to Rome back in September and Bali just earlier this month. Now some would say, wow i would give anything to go the places you have gone and see the things you have seen, but i have to say that i would trade all of these trips for more time back in the US with family and friends. It's easy for people who have never left the comfort of their country to not fully grasp what it is like to spend so much time on foreign soil. Yes, it is an amazing experience that we will forever treasure, and yes we have seen things i never imagined in all of my wildest dreams, we have met amazing people along the way and all of these things are valued, but when you are truly homesick all the 5 star resorts on the planet cant compare!

I don't take these trips for granted and i am not trying to sound spoiled, but i would in a heartbeat trade Bali, Rome, and even Thailand for more than a few weeks in the US 2 times a year! I want to lay in my bed and bask in the quiet of the country. I want to play with my dogs and watch my daughter with her grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. I want to drive my car to nowhere just because i can. I want to shop at Walmart where i can actually get all my needs fulfilled in one location (something i hated before i came here, but would give anything for now). I want to sit with Sarah and watch our kids play together, and i want to spend time with these few women who have stuck by my side through all of these years when the rest of the friends faded away. I miss girl time with my sister and sitting with my Mom.

The trips are great, but the grass is not as green as you may think. Funny how we always want to be where we are not! Don't get me wrong, i am so very thankful to God for our time in India and the opportunity to see the world...It has changed my life forever and i could never regret a moment of it! I am, however, ready for a long break back in the US, something we have not had for 3 years now! I am missing all of my freedoms that i used to take for granted! Especially my freedom of Religion, something America not only takes for granted, but lately seems to be pushing to the way side! I am happy that i got to come here and truly find out how blessed i am as an American. So for now i will enjoy my travel and count my blessings, until God sees fit to plant our feet firmly on American soil for good!

1 comment:

Sarah King said...

Love you Karen! The green grass here is patiently waiting for you. (And so am I!)