Adding some more fun to the mix, i am struggling this week with the usual pregnancy things...constipation that never ends (do you know how many days a human can go without "going" to the bathroom before they explode????? I am about to find out so i will let you know) and the insomnia WOW, they are not joking when they say that pregnancy insomnia is preparing you for parenthood...my nightly ritual 6-8pm (seriously so tired cant stay up much later) lay down and attempt to settle down 8-10pm toss and turn but sleep a little 10pm wake up to pee 10-12am toss and turn and sleep a little 12am wake up to pee 12-2am sleep a little bit more soundly 2am wake up to pee 2-4am sleep soundly enough to have scary and disturbing dreams, wake up put in Disney movie to calm my nerves and pee 4-6am sleep and have wonderful dreams 6am pee again 6-8am try desperately to sleep 8am stare at ceiling until the laundry guy rings the doorbell, grumbling get out of bed and start the day....spend the rest of day dreaming of a nap but far to restless to even bother! The scary part....I try not to drink anything after 6pm but at night i become a pee machine, yay me!
I now know that you can function on virtually NO sleep at all, which is good to know!!! Being pregnant is certainly an adventure and for all of its ups and downs it is completely worth it. It is funny how much you change during pregnancy, the way that i think about things is completely different. I am so excited to meet our baby, but must admit getting more and more nervous with each passing day about the birth. I wish i had my Mom or my sisters or Sarah to be here, to give me wisdom and encouragement, but i guess Ryan and i will figure this one out together....
2 comments:
Oh dear! I wish I could be there too! If it's any consolation....your every 2 hour sleep pattern will be perfectly in-tune with baby. Also, it will amaze you how radically all these symptoms will disappear after baby comes....no more constipation, indigestion, uncomfortable sleep positions. The worrying however, is here to stay. Love you dear. You are already a fantastic mommy.
Thanks Sarah...Yesterday my Dr told me that i am going to need my Mom here to help me when i give birth and i just told her "we are solo on this one". I know that you will all be with me in heart, just as i have been for all of your births! I love ya and i will see you soon.
Post a Comment