Today was a great day...It was so very hot that we had to stay inside for a good part of the day, but for the first time in a very long time all 6 of us were not only in town, but none were working! We all sat around and hung out, just talking about nothing and enjoying our time together as a group.
We all decided it would be nice to go to the Novotel and have Mexican food, so the 6 of us got on the bikes as the sun started to set and headed into town...I couldn't help but giggle as i watched the reaction of peoples faces as we drove down the street. It never fails to draw attention, 6 white people on bikes in the middle of Hyderabad India, what a sight!
We enjoyed a great meal with amazing friends and honestly i came to realize that at some point India has truly become home, and these friends have become family! I can hardly remember what it was like not to live in India, and i really do love this opportunity! I will miss it when it is over, but i am ready for a little break back home...Only 15 days to go!
I have been trying to figure out exactly what it is about India that captivates me, and i think i finally nailed it down...This place is like stepping back in time...You drive down the streets and you see newer technology some how intermingled with the past. You still have people living so primitively, and yet they all have cell phones. It is nearly humorous how mixed together the past in present are here. Driving down the road and actually having to pass wagons pulled by cows is not something you would still see in modern times, but over here it is just a daily occurrence. I remember when seeing people riding camels was exciting and so amazing to me and now it is just another mode of transportation that i hardly give a second thought. You have modern housing mixed in with tents and huts with dirt floors. You have people living in tent communities with no sewers, no bathrooms, no bedrooms, no kitchens...Just a simple tarp house with a dirt floor and possible a pad for a bed, they cook outside as a community over a fire with children and chickens and dogs just running all over the place. Honestly i feel like i get to witness something so ancient and i love that i get to experience this!
Tonight an amazing thunderstorm rolled in, of course kicking out the power repeatedly, but it cooled off the night and cleaned the polluted air. It was so refreshing, and i love thunderstorms so much so i found it soothing. We are all hopeful that the monsoons will move in soon so that we can escape this heat. Our average temperature has been in the 40's for weeks now (104F seems to be the daily norm).
We continue to suffer from insomnia due to the intense heat, which never lets up...It is still nearly 100F and it is almost midnight! When i do sleep my dreams are plagued with nightmares of being very pregnant and miscarrying, I guess i know what my subconscious is most concerned with as we draw nearer to our July date for starting IVF. I for the most part have remained calm and level and am going to not worry, but just let it happen...I know i will get pregnant and i know that i will have our baby, so i need to just stay relaxed and trust God.
Everything still remains in a state of unrest, but i have fully let go of it all and i know that all that we need will come to us some way or another. God didn't take us to this point to just leave us, and so I am no longer going to worry about things i have no control over.
1 comment:
Funnily enough, I dreamed I was pregnant last night. I was actually in labour.. never got around to giving birth, though! i suspect it's the same thing, though - anxiety about treatment to come...
Post a Comment