Sunday, March 29, 2009

Mind numbing frustration

All i can say today is, thank God for Wii Boxing! I can literally burn off my frustrations with a session of Wii Fit boxing!!!!!! I want to thank Becca and Justin for introducing us to the Wii, If you have never had the opportunity to try this then you are missing out, Wii Fit is seriously hard!!!! I thought for sure that it would be a big joke when we bought it, but figured it would be a fun way to pass the time, ummmmm yea, i was delusional! It is HARD and i love it, its nice to break a sweat and just let my mind focus on other things...The boxing has become "therapy" for me, not to mention how toned it is going to make my arms and back...I cant imagine what i would do without it!!!!

Also music, i have been spending so much time on my IPod, and cant imagine what this journey would have been like without all of today's technology! I depend on the Internet, my only link to reality...My music, to take me "away" for a short while...and my Wii Fit, to "burn" out all of my stress (at least in short bursts)...I read a little every day, but lately i have found other forms of relaxation to keep me distracted and i certainly need distracting!

I like to turn my music up and sing along loudly (and out of tune) to try to drown out the man on the loudspeaker calling out prayers from the nearby mosque...He sounds like an auctioneer and it gets very old after about 30 minutes, but my music seems to mask it just fine!!! Unfortunately i also catch myself getting emotional when songs come around that bring back memories, i am one of those people that associates most of my life events with certain songs that were significant to me at that time...Its funny how just hearing a song can bring back every second of the moment you most signify with it, down to feeling and emotion...I have to watch it when i start to get to nostalgic or i just end up a big pile of sobbing irrational Karen and that's no good for anyone!!! I also find myself eating to fill the void made when i get to depressed, another reason why the Wii is such a great idea for me!!! My days can be spent listening to music to drown out the chaos, causing me to get emotional, then eating myself out of house and home to end the cycle with 30 minutes on Wii fit....pause and repeat cycle!!!! HAHAHAHA

OK, I just turned down the music so i can hear myself think, although that was a great song, "Shipping up to Boston" that reminds me of the Rush games with my family!!!! I miss you all so much!!!! Boo, now the guy on the loud speaker is distracting me and i cant think...I keep wanting to put in a bid with him going on and on and on!!!

Well i suppose it is time to pop in another DVD, although we have a nice sized collection it doesn't take long to get through it and i have seen ever movie we own, no Blockbuster, Boooo! I actually was so desperate to watch a new movie that i purchased one on my Itunes account but it took nearly 24 hours to download, yea not going to do that again!!!! Oh well, i like watching the same movies over and over and over and over.....wait, where was i (can't think over the guy again)!!!

WOW my attention span is that of a 2 year old today, i just cant concentrate and i have no idea where i was going with any of this!!! I guess i am really starting to lose it....that's no news break, I've always been a bit crazy :)

3 comments:

Flying High said...

I hear you about the call to prayer! We've got a mosque at the end of the compound, and we too have the thrice daily accompaniment to daily life. Apparently though, several of the families living nearest complained, and they've turned the speakers down! We don't hear it too much - only with the windows open. I find the air con drowns everything out!

globalgal said...

When I lived in Kuwait as a teen, the call to prayer was background music to everything... eventually we didn't even notice it anymore. BUT, one day I decided to buy a novelty alarm clock. Instead of a beep for an alarm, it played the call to prayer. We all thought it was hilarious. I still have it at my parent's house in a box.

Anyways, one Friday night I stayed at a friend's apartment and forgot to turn my alarm off. My parent's woke up at 6:30 AM (my usual weekday alarm) to the call to prayer and confusedly thought, well it will finish in a minute or so. Not realizing it was my alarm clock, and that the blasted thing just repeats and repeats until you hit snooze, they stayed in bed for 30 minutes or so thinking that something was really wrong with the mosque recording...

av8r's wife said...

It actually is quite humorous....I havent heard or noticed it for quite some time, but now they are broadcasting in the lot next to us! I know i will get used to it again, I am after all on their turf, and they have the right to practice their religion...just wish it wasnt SO loud! I love the alarm clock story!!! I want one now :)