

So today i booked my flight for India...It was so weird to pick a return flight at random 4 months away! I think it is finally starting to sink in...I realized that i only have four weeks left here, that only leaves 3 weekends with my sister, a potential 5 Rush games, less than 30 days to have those final dinners and movies that my calendar is slowly starting to fill up with...Ugh i am running out of time to spend time with people....I think i need a Valium! LOL In the next four weeks i have 3 doctor appointments to go to, a house to prepare for Jamie, two dogs to take on last walks and toss the ball around with....Whats worse, as Ryan and i discussed tonight, this is probably the last time i will see Blade...she has been my companion through 3 engagements, 2 marriages, 8 apartments, countless boyfriends and nearly 12 wonderful years!!!! I am going to miss her so much and i feel terrible leaving her towards the end of her days, but i know Jamie will take good care of her...Great, now i am tearing up again! Why do goodbyes have to be so hard???? Why cant it be easy for me, Ryan doesn't seem to struggle with it like i do, but i just cant seem to break away! You know what Sarah....I do believe you are right, this really is going to be good for me....time for me to break out of the routine! There are so many things i am going to miss, and it doesn't help that now that my time here is on the countdown that everyone i love is scrambling to get some time in with me....It really is becoming reality.....Guess its time to put on my "big girl panties" suck it up! Enjoy my last endeavors with my friends, cry a few tears, get on the plane with Ryan, and start a whole new adventure! Thank God for modern technology because if i didn't have the Internet to still be able to talk to all of you i would probably go insane! I am going to miss all of the special people in my life so very much!
2 comments:
Oh, I am SO with you when it comes to pets. We're going to have to leave ours behind, and I'm heartbroken. Goodbyes are so horrible. I can't even bear to think about it really. I wish I could just give you a hug!
I think I have about 6 weeks left before I fly, which means I'll have a whole month without my husband. Not something I've ever done... Not looking forward to that at all!
x
Good luck on your upcoming journey. I was an exchange student twice and both experiences were wonderful, even if they were difficult.
You might want to check out something about cultural adjustment before you go, just to get an idea of what you might go through- http://www.cgu.edu/pages/945.asp. Just an idea.
Hope you have a wonderful reunion with your husband!
Post a Comment